Wood Borer Control
Wood borers are tiny beetles whose larvae feed extensively on the wood. The wood worms while arising make small pin size caves on the ground of wooden furniture or fixture. Those tiny holes which you see on timber surface are actually the exit -holes where the old aged wood borer has left. The fine yellowish colored powder begins appearing from these little holes. This reveals the blasting activity of borers deep inside the core of the wood as these are interior feeders. They feed on the cell amount of the sapwood. While feeding they make tube and pupate within the wood. Borers or Powder Post Beetles attack partially or fully seasoned wood with 10-15% moisture.
Signs of a woodworm infestation include:
- Fresh exit holes in timber: these are oval or circular shaped with sharp edges.
- Weak and damaged floorboards. In many cases, you'll notice it when a foot or chair leg goes with the floor!
- Holes in the wood. These are often difficult to see, and they are also known as galleries.
- Bore dust is another telltale sign. Also known as Fras, bore dust is caused by emerging adult beetles, and can be seen below the infested wood.
- Crumbling wood.
- Beetles which are dead: these are usually venue around the infested timber.
- Eggs, although these are difficult to point with the naked eye.
- Borer larvae: these are a curved shaped and a creamy white color.
How to Get Rid of Wood Borer :
When a wood borer infestation is left non-treated, they can easily develop into a serious problem, such as destroying wooden places, door and furniture. The following step will let you feel discourage wood borer infestations:
- Wood boring beetles are stretched out to the moisture content in the wood, try to keep furniture, door and wooden items always dry.
- Seal cracks and crevices on timber surfaces to obstruct wood borer from breeding.
- Remove infected wood to avoid the infestation from spreading to another area.
- Usually infestation occurs before the timber is procedure. If the supplier do not dispose their timber, the infestation will be in the end product. It is urgent to buy from honorable sources.